View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #22
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Re: Project 67 GMC custom 6.5 turbo diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal68ibu View Post
Sorry but no burn out vids. The rear discs were a total pain in the ass to install. One side lined up really nice and the other side was a total battle. But they are on the truck and fully functional now. After 12K miles I've got a new laundry list of stuff to do to the truck.
1. rebuild the turbo. I'm going through oil at a horrifying pace. Rebuild kit is on the way.
1.a. Install heater. It has only been media blasted and refinished since January.
2. Install pyrometer and have injection pump properly tuned.
3. New Injectors if needed. Fuel economy sucks.
4. Brand new aluminum radiator, and electric fans in the summer. The stocker is not in as good of condition as I had hoped.
1. Sounds like the turbo oil restrictor isnt working, hopefully the rebuild kit has one in it.

2. Good idea!

3. Have your current injectors tested by an injection shop.

4. Make sure you get a rad with an oil cooler and trans cooler built in, it's worth it in the long run. Also, go back to the mechanical fan. As Bill Williamson from Ron Davis Radiators said to me "New trucks still have mech fans. There is a reason for it. If your truck isnt staying cool then switch to an aluminum radiator. The stock fan is more than enough."

Miss having a truck

Last edited by thirdstreettito; 12-15-2010 at 02:30 PM.
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote