View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #43
71'tahoe

Re: My 84 CC Dually mod thread - there will be plenty of pics

I know you said bags can be high maintance,But if you run the back of your truck with helper bags then there is really no issue. Or if you did a 4 link then use an air tank and a leveling valve with a small compressor,you never have to maintance anything except to drian the small amount of water that may build up after a year. Every air tank I use in my projects as well as customer projects have a drain valve in the bottom of the tank. I use air tanks from the trucking industry and they have a pull cable on them so you dont have to get under truck to drain moisture. I also work on Semis and they never have issues with lines and air bags. Just a thought. And when you load the trailer..the leveling valve will add air as needed to set truck as the pre set hieght,when you unhook trailer,it deflated the bag until leveling valve is back to the preset lenght.Not to menchen how much better it will ride when empty. I have Air ride and my own designed 4 link in the back of my 97' cre cab truck. It rides like a caddy! Hope this helps. Cool truck and boat!

Greg "GT" Tholen
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote