View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 03:06 AM   #310
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog69 View Post
Just found this thread today, GREAT BUILD! BUT, if you want to see a really ugly truck check mine out! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=108677
Thanks!! Yeah, your truck is definitely a special kind of ugly there.

Well, I finally managed to get its much needed PM started today. I did not get as much as I wanted to get done done, but I got a good start on it. I got the oil and filter changed. I changed the fuel filter. I serviced the air filter. I hate servicing air filters. I think it remains from my Briggs and Stratton days. I actually converted my whole fleet of Briggs over to dry paper because I hate servicing air filters, but I digress. I bought the AFE kit for servicing their air filters. It comes with a pump spray bottle of cleaner and an aerosol can of oil. Their cleaner is a joke. It might work good if you put it in a Hudson sprayer to get the volume of liquid needed to saturate the filter like the directions state is necessary. After a few go-rounds with the spritzer pump, I got fed up and grabbed my pressure sprayer with Simple Green and within ten minutes I was done and had a clean element. Unfortuantely, it was late by the time I got it washed out so it did not dry enough to oil it, so I will finish it up tomorrow. Still need to check the trans, transfer case and axles. I gave the underhood area a good bath as it was getting pretty dirty from all the trails and dust it sees.
At least I got something done on it besides just driving it.