View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #30
chopped65

Re: 3/4 ton back half build

Finally, got the axle completed. Had to changed out the gears in order to get 29 spline pinion yoke to change out. The old yoke was a 1310 and I would have broke that the first day. Had to change out to a 1350 and needed 29 spline pinion. So now I will have 35 spline axles (well when I get the money to order from moser, but my side gears are now 35 spline from the original 16 spline), 4.10 gears, dana locker, 29 spline pinion and a 1350 pinion yoke. I'm so excited. and of course it's 9 inches narrower than it was before too.

also pictures of the brakes from blackbirdscustomtrucks. The came in in the last week but just opened the box tonight. I bolted the bracket up and it fits great. Right now I am waiting on finding wheel bearings, seals and new studs. For some reason this axle is very difficult to find parts from. I put the axle where it will go. I'm so glad that Nate with Porterbuilt is built my set up the way he did because there is no room to run more than one bracket. I will have brackets welded to the axle for the 4 link and a shock bar will attach to that bracket so that I dont have to weld on shock tabs.
Attached Images