View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
76/85 Truck

Transmission Problems

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile... Been trying to juggle school and work. My truck has always had a reverse problem... In the cold mornings it would take forever to engage in reverse. It would attempt to back up but then would slip. I didn't think anything of it.

So lately its been giving me Drive problems. It would engage in drive and I would go down the road about 2 blocks and it would act like it's in neutral and wouldn't move. Then it would kick in and I would be on my way. Well, wednesday morning it started to slip really bad when I was coming off a stoplight. I pulled over and checked the fluid and it stunk really bad and was black and burnt.

So I had my dad tow me home so I wouldn't damage it. (Because now it would hardly move forward, however I had reverse). And I changed the fluid and filter yesterday, but it still will not move. But now my reverse is working better than ever. Guess I'm going to have to get a new tranny. Has anyone had experience with junkyard trannys? I work at a junkyard, and we have a couple Turbo 350s over there. My boss said 200$ for the tranny and another couple hundred to put it in.
Posted via Mobile Device

My first truck!! 1976 Chevy 3/4 ton Camper Special and a 1985 GMC body. Has a 350, 4 BBL Edelbrock, with a Turbo 350, and NP205 T-case.
76/85 Truck is offline   Reply With Quote