View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
paintman

Re: Lost my stovebolt virginity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I just want to say the truck doesn't look too bad, but it is 3:14 am and I might have had a bit too much Jose and or Segrems. Pacer parts seem weird. Why not use the Camero Sub from the '69 the engine and trans are supposedly from?? I love it when an engine is from a camero or more commonly a Corvette. There are more vette engines in hot rods than there have ever been corvettes.
To use the orginal camaro clip would'nt be possible. the mods to this truck were done nearly 15 years ago. I did not buy the truck from thr orginal builder. When I get the truck tore down to the bare frame I will do another evaluation of the front end and then decide what I want to do. The thing is that the truck handles really good and tracks nice and straight. why fix something thats not broken. Plus if you look at a Pacer front end, their built a hell of alot stronger than the new tubular stuff. Over the last few weeks I have been able to buy a complete rebuild kit for the front end from Kanter Restorations, so parts are not an issue. I would still like some advice on calipers though.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote