Thread: $900
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #27
MikeM

Re: $900

When I put the 700r4 in back in August, i couldnt get it to work. No action from the output shaft so I took a cooler line off and nothing was coming out of it. Took it back out and found that I crushed the pump and got the converter wedged on the shaft somehow. I did tons of reading on the various changes to the 700 over the years and then hit junkyards looking for the correct pump assembly and TC for mine. I never found them. Then I went looking for a tranny guy who didnt say "It needs a full rebuild" without even opening it up. I finally found one who was a friend of a friend, had a good rep as an honest guy. He took it apart the minute i brought it to him and confirmed that it definitely didnt need a rebuild. He called his parts guy and ordered a pump and converter along with a few other things that i dont know what they do like corvette solenoids and fast sounding stuff like that. Then it took him 2 months to put it together. Yeaaaah. So 2 months later he finishes and gives me a real good tutorial on installing it. It went smoothly and the truck went down the driveway and back by itself.
Attached Images

MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote