View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #32
chopped65

Re: 3/4 ton back half build

Finally got some work done!

Took forever to get all the bearings and seals to complete the axle. Drove all over Las Vegas to every parts store there is and the only place I could find them at was an industrial bearing supply company. for 4 bearings and 2 seals it was $180.00 so I said F*** that, searched online and found them on www.rockauto.com and got them for just under $100.00. Rock auto is very good, I did not know what in the hell my axle came out of but when I put the Timken bearing number into their system, it told me exactly what truck it came out of so that I could find everything I needed. I put the axle together and put the brakes on. Also prior to doing that was trying to find wheel studs. The wheel studs that were on the axle were 1/2" and I wanted everything to be 9/16". I went to a brake supply company and went through all of their Dorman wheel studs measuring everything and finally came to find a part number. problem then again was that nobody had them in stock and had to order them. it took almost 2 weeks just to get all the small parts in to get the damn axle put together. the brakes bolted up great from blackbirdscustomtrucks.com

then I bolted up the rear tires, stood back, and finally got to say WOW! I've had these wheels and tires sitting on a shelf for the last 4 years and finally they're on.
Attached Images