View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 09:23 AM   #17
hecticblasts

I purchased the 8 ' light fixtures from Home Depot,they were about $35.00 each.I'm not buying all of them at one time,like 1972c10_ohio I wired a plug for each fixture and installed sockets on the ceiling,half the lights work with one switch and the others on on a second switch.I figured that the extra expense of the plugs was justified for that will allow me to lower or raise the fixture if needed,if I had to work on any one fixture I can take it down and work on the bench.I have 12 foot ceiling,if I need to do any work up there I can also plug any corded tool up there.I can't remember right now the BTU's on my unit but I bought the biggest one they made.Like you I'm only looking at keeping above freezing temps. and making it comfortable in the winter to work in there,no AC for me,altough it would be nice I think that will be more of a luxury than a necessity in my shop.I would like to place it in the corner but I will let a friend that works on HVAC systems tell me if that will be the best place for it.HF
hecticblasts is offline   Reply With Quote