Thread: 1952 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #5
Houston54

Re: 1952 Chevy

I would not buy that truck. If you notice how close the front tires are to the fenders you can imagine what will happen when you hit a good dip in the road or bump. Same for the rear fenders.

The use of that chassis under an advance design truck just does not fit well. In the area of possible improvements to and AD truck that is one of the worst in my opinion. Even a camaro subframe is too wide.

Also I would want proof of that being a true 502 crate motor and not just a big block with valve covers from ebay. The nice touches that would make this a truck worth $27K are just not there. Brake booster and master cylinder are from the donor truck, no headers on the engine, the AC compressor and alternator are on the wrong side of the engine which results in a very cluttered engine compartment.

No mention of what transmission it has which raises concerns to me.

It is not worth the money they are asking. At best that would be worth $10K but I still would not buy it.

If you want an AD truck with a V8 you should become more familar with how one is built and what parts are used. This site is a great resource for that.

One piece of advice you should observe is to NOT buy any vehicle with first seeing it in person AND having it assessed/inspected by someone who knows how it should be done. That person must not be connected with the seller in any way.

That seller appears to be putting perfume on a pig there.

Last edited by Houston54; 01-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Houston54 is offline   Reply With Quote