View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #1
85burb

Exclamation Motor smokes...any ideas?

I just put a LQ4 in my 85 burb and now after about a week of driving it it has started to smoke. It does not smoke when i first start it in morning or when i start it after work. It only smokes if it has ben running for a while. I first started to see it today. It smelled bad on sat when i was driving it. Now after i am about half way home if i slow down to stop at a light i see it puffing smoke when i am idleing at the light. Then when i take off it fades out. But at the next light it is there again. After pulling in to my mail area at appartments i got out and looked and it was puffing smoke only out my driver side pipe. Then it slowed down. I shut it off and got my mail and restarted it and it was just smoking a tiny bit. By the time i idled to my parking spot it was gone. I shut it off and wiped inside of exhaust tip and seen it was wet and black. Then i went to other side and it was dry and black. So it is deff only driver side. What could make it smoke like that. If it was when is first started it it would be the stem seals. Could it be PCV sucking oil in? Any ideas?
91 chevy c10 suburban Lsa 5.3/4l60
2017 Silverado whipple 5.3
1964 Vw beetle
1974 vw beetle
85burb is offline   Reply With Quote