View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Re: Opinions Needed! Motor Swap turned Pain in the Butt.

Now you did it. You went and opened up a new can of worms. Do I keep on fishin' or waste most of the can? Damn sure ain't gonna eat 'em.
Look what happens when you ask a bunch of guys far away sittin' at the computer all washed up and cozy..."yeah sure do it!"..."I would if I was you"..."when you're done with that one,can you do mine?" (figured I'd slip that last one in) You know you just want to slip back inside and watch more Oprah. So just put the motor in so you can look under your hood later and think,"I should have done all that when I had it apart"

I worry that if you don't fix that minor rust spot it will creep into the cab support area and you'll have a much bigger mess and something that will compromise the truck. Unless you can match the firewall just right,I'd rattle can it. I like Plasticolor low gloss engine paint on the frame and inner fenders. It doesn't cost more and it's tough stuff. If wiring wasn't an issue,leave it. It's not hard to replace with the truck back together. If you paint everything else you better do the master cyl/booster. Get creative with masking and paint it in place. What else will you do with the Ididit column.
? It would look good since you have the other brushed aluminum. Use the factory one on another truck.
While I have the power to tell you what to do I have a few more requests. First,get me a ticket to fly out there and give you a hand (see? I'm not that bad). Next,get a money order for $......

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-10-2011 at 07:46 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote