View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #74
Pullin81

Re: My crewcab 4x4 cummins project

Quote:
Originally Posted by akc226 View Post
nice work. i am picking up a crew cab short bed just like this with a 12 valve mocked up and just sitting in it. it still needs intercooler tubing and wiring done. just wondering what your doing for wiring?
for wiring i picked up a universal 12 circut wiring harness. then all i did was gut most of the dodge engine wiring harness except the fuel shut off solenoid, you need a wire that feeds the solinoid on crank and one on ign. then i took the grid heater solinoid packs and run them by a switched ground button on the dash so just push and hold the button and the grid runs as long as you want it... alternator i just run an external regulator, then just put chevy sending units in the engine for oil pressure and temperature and you can run your factory gauges, then just use the factory chevy starter wire and run a main power for the starter... best way to figure out the wiring for the swap is to grab a hanes manual to figure what wire on the dodge gets conected to which wire on the chevy harness...best of luck if you need any info feel free to ask...