View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
jocko

Re: faux-tina paint jobs

go faux it.

i'll admit, i prefer real patina because it looks so cool, BUT, your case is a good candidate for a shop truck approach (in my pea brain). And in that case, faux tina is cool. I gotta say though, I am NOT a big fan of how the Trucks guys did their 48 chev (or whatever year it was). Even faux tina should at least look like some tina... Theirs looks like multi coats of paont that were sanded through. Sometimes I look at it and think, kinda cool - other times, bleccchh. And I LOVE the trucks they build and I do LOVE that truck too, just not the paint (or the copper grille they just did - but I need to see how it fades quickly, maybe I'll change my tune).

Bottom line - i think faux is ok/cool if done well. I think doing it WELL is probably as hard as a real paint job. But it's cheap to experiment with and you can always just start over. So, in that respect, I'm a big fan of faux.

Can't wait to see pics. In fact, what your truck looks like now would probably help us say whether or not to go faux it for real...

This is a good idea for a "post your faux" thread...

Last edited by jocko; 02-12-2011 at 02:52 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote