View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
short-t

Re: Stock air conditioning with LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR65 View Post
Thanks Greg,

Yep, I am using the OE compressor. The mounting was a real ordeal, so bad I don't even have any good pictures. So as you know, the truck oil pan doesn't have the two lower compressor mounting holes. I spaced out the compressor with 5/16" spacers on the top block mounting holes. That gave me room to bolt a 5/16" aluminum plate to existing block mounting holes and provide holes for the lower compressor mounting bolts, I put nuts on them. It also took some clearance machining on the compressor mounting cradle and the compressor itself. Moreover, I need that 5/16" for frame clearance. I also had to cut a access hole in the crossmember to reach the lower rear compressor mounting bolt. So far I have not had to cut the frame for clearance, that is my goal.

I am determined to use the low mount compressor. So, I hope all the above works.

The pic below shows some of it.

TR
Good idea! I wish I had seen this before going out and getting a truck compressor and bracket. I would have like to use the compressor that came with the front sump oil pan because the ports are clocked higher than the truck ones. Do you know anyone that needs a ac compressor and bracket? LOL!

Nice job on the switch fitting, I ordered mine last week so its hurry up and wait!

Greg

1968 C20 Custom Camper 396 50th survivor! SOLD to northerngmc
short-t is offline   Reply With Quote