View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
mahanian
C10 addict

Issues with purchase from Mikels

I'm having an issue with a purchase I made from Scott, board name Mikels, and wanted to bring it to light to get opinions from others and give the seller a chance to make things right. I purchased an ECE 5" rear drop kit from Scott that was posted as "all new in boxes". Here is the post:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=445654

I paid Scott for the items via Paypal and received them this past weekend. When I opened the boxes (not ECE boxes) it was clear that all the parts were used. The parts were dirty/greasy, the springs have rust on them, and everything shows signs of being installed. At that point I contacted Scott through PM and explained my disappointment. He told me I could ship the parts back at my expense and he would refund me the purchase price, minus shipping. So I would be out $80 in shipping costs ($40 each way) because he wasn't honest about the parts being used.

Realizing they were used I started searching through Scott's old posts to see if he bought them from another member and I came across this thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398273

Based on this thread, the previous owner didn't even know if they were 5" drop springs so I called ECE and based on the measurements Mark gave me they are not ECE 5" drop springs, they are likely 4" drop springs. I contacted Scott again through PM and told him that the springs were not 5" drop springs. I asked politely that he do one of two things, issue me a full refund and he could resell the kit and I would ship it to the new owner at their expense, or issue me a $50 partial refund so I can sell these springs as used 4" drop springs and buy the 5" drop springs from ECE that were suppose to be in the kit. Scott has not responded to my latest request.

If he does not respond I will file a claim with Paypal, but I thought I'd give him a chance to make things right before going down that path.

67 C10 CST Short Fleet Big Window
65 C10 Custom Short Fleet Big Window
67 Camaro RS

Last edited by mahanian; 02-22-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fixed links
mahanian is offline   Reply With Quote