View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
70cst10_05

Thumbs up 70cst 4wd conversion

Hey all.

So i'm starting this build thread. Truck started out as a 70cst10 2wd that I spent 2 years restoring in high school. Got it finished the end of 2004 and wrecked it 2 years later. When I crashed it, it bent the frame and I didn't have the money to fix it at the time. Well last fall I got it out of the shed and was going to bring it to my house to work on it from my folks' and the tranny started slipping. After talking to a couple of transmission shops I figured it was going to cost about $650 for a tranny rebuild. Well I found a 70 4x4 rolling chassis on craigslist for 600 and went and picked that up on saturday. Here is a picture of what i'm starting with and the frame I picked up. It came with a 4 speed/np205, and i've already got a guy that's going to trade me an automatic transfer case for what i've got. Also came with a 71 front diff with disc brakes. So this is the thread where I'll be updating everything.

Sorry for the long history. Anyway, got started on it tonight, took off the old shocks, and the frame wiring and also took out the tranny/transfer case.

I'm going to grind the frame down as opposed to sandblasting because i don't have a trailer to haul it anymore (borrowed uncles to go get it). Frame is in pretty good shape. Going to grind it down and rattle can it and call it good.

Going to be a slow conversion because i'm doing it as cash comes in...

On to the pictures.

OH... and a picture of my new creeper and new floor jack
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Suburban K/10

2019 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Kevin
70cst10_05 is online now   Reply With Quote