View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #247
65Pickup

Re: Pops 72 cheyenne dropmember build

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysteiny View Post
Thanks man and to answer the question. I hammered the 67 from a dead stop and had no drive line issues what so ever. Of course I had a ton of wheel spin. I think a truck is so light in the rear end it should not be an issue. That being said if you were running prostreet set up and you were able to get the truck to hook you cauld have some issues. But most of us are not doing the prostreet look and most of us are not trying to build 10 sec drag trucks. So that why I feel you should be able to build a a two piece driveline that can take the tq and hp.
I agree with you, I'm just fishing for knowledge from guys with experience. I've got a serious sbc going in right now, but really like this drop member stuff. So with that stout engine in Second Chance, you seemed like the guy to ask. Its hard not to step on it at least once.

Rumor has it Nate is working on a static height, coil over drop member; that will be interesting to me, perhaps the split drive shaft won't be necessary. Thanks for the info.