View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #1358
colin_havens

Re: 67 cheby's Dropmember build thread

Well, it's a better job if you mock it all up first and then blow it all apart for paint. I think it would be great to prime it and enjoy it this year. You'd win some "best under construction" awards for sure!!!

Then, save up money (or survive in this current economy) and paint it when you get a chance. You might end up thinking about one or two other little things you want to do while you wait for paint that would make it that much better.

It really only takes a day to completely disassemble and then reassemble one of our trucks......I took one apart from a driver to frame off in three hours with one other guy and the help of a lift....and put one together in my garage with just a couple friends to lift things on in about 2 1/2 hours (still of course had wiring/brake lines to do)[/QUOTE]

This is true. I know when we removed my front clip, it took all of 15 minutes. Bed is about the same, small things like door handles and trim may take a little longer, but you will get to enjoy your truck and maybe decide on some small things to change while waiting on funds for paint.

I would advise drilling alignment holes in the hinges of your hood and doors with an 1/8th inch drill bit. You will never notice the holes, but they will greatly help when you remove the doors and hood for paint, you will not have to spend hours realigning everything. just bolt them back up and go!
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote