View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #30
2fast55

Re: Needed a new toy. Why a Blazer? Why NOT a Blazer?!?!

Having heard the horror stories about people incorrectly installing the rockers and having the front way off or the door not fitting, I checked the alignment with both the door and fender installed before I welded the outer rocker in place. It fit almost perfect the first try. The way all the panels fit against each other, I'm not entirely sure how they can get as messed up as what I've heard about.

I finished up welding the floorpan back in where I cut to access the floor support. It only took about 287295024 tacks and lots of cool time to do it. Welding sheetmetal really sucks compared to heavy steel.

Once I got them welded back on from a previous partial hack job, I also cut the lower boxes off the front fenders for better tire clearance. I made sure to leave some metal below the body line to flow nicely with the lower part of the grille shell.

Lots of grinding left, but I should get this side in primer pretty soon. Then it's time to take a break from all the cutting and grinding, and rebuild the transmission before I tackle the driver's side.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Last edited by 2fast55; 03-06-2011 at 03:01 AM.
2fast55 is offline   Reply With Quote