View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
STPrider

first truck, 71 gmc "Ashley"

Hey everyone, been browsing this site for a while now, you guys all seem super friendly and helpful, seems like a bunch of happy people on here, cool to see I've been seeing these build threads everywhere, and although it might be a bit late for me to start one, I thought i would do it anyway just because its a rainy Sunday afternoon in spring break I'll introduce myself a bit; my name is Derek, I'm 16 and Ashley is my first vehicle, i bought her in October of 09 but really got working on her this winter, I've held a job for over 3 years now, and mowed lawns etc before that, and this is how i like to spend that money I love mountain biking, a passion I share with my brother, and we have 4 or 5 bikes between us also. Ashley is a 71 longbox, i bought her primered with the body work pretty much done, looking for that classic, old school look with lots of character and clean lines shaved doors and trim, 5 or 6" drop I cant really remember what springs etc i got anymore (dismal i know forgive me ) Pretty much I have a mechanic friend that I hired to help, we went through and did a lot of mechanical work, underbed gas tank w/ custom filler, new shocks and springs all around, completely cleaned, wire brushed and painted front engine bay, swapped the old rusted out 307 for a modified 350 (currently over 300 horse,) painted her a metallic midnight blue with a pearl white roof, and pretty soon we'll be going in for glass work and replacing the wiring harness completely with a "keep it clean" kit needless to say, IM STOKED and having a TON of fun, learning a lot, and I love her <3 sorry for the essay heres some pics:
Attached Images