View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #11
1966Stepside

Re: LS swap fuel system setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR65 View Post

I used a Rick's tank like jays68yak.

They are very nice. They even put in two sending units for me, one for the computer and one for the old gas gage. The in tank pump is nicely baffled and uses a standard AC delco pump.

TR
Ah, another recommendation for Rick's. They definitely look like quality pieces, I'm just not sure they're in my budget. The tanks I saw priced through resellers cost almost as much as my engine/tranny combo! Not saying they're not worth it, just out of my reach for now with all the other money I'm spending on the swap. Of course, it may not be feasible to get a bargain basement price on a tank/sending unit/ pump. I'll do some more looking.... I'd really like to get one of those. They fit so well!

On another note, if the fuel pump is external to the tank, does the tank still need to be baffled? I was looking at a build thread today about using a '69 Camaro tank and a flip down license holder. That looked really neat, and I like the 'stealth' sorta idea behind it. I'd love to use that, but I'm sure those aren't baffled at all.

Edit: D'oh! After looking through your build thread again, TR, I see where you said it was a Rick's tank. I fail at reading.

Last edited by 1966Stepside; 03-21-2011 at 10:15 PM.
1966Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote