View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
adpostel

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
What?
There are a lot of negatives when it comes to c-notches if they are not done correctly. And those negatives are pointed out in the Frame Notch Based On Strength link listed above. Take the time to read through that post and you will see how terribly weak some of the notches are. If you use a c-notch without adequate welded in reinforcement plates your frame can loose 80% or more of its strength.

Don't "just hope for the best". The rest of us driving out there expect more from you than that.
OK, so what you are saying is that if I purchase a C-notch from a reputable company and install it per instruction, no welding, only bolts, that my frame will be severely handicapped and the structural integrity of the truck will be compromised to the point of unroadworthiness?

What is the percentage of catastrophic failures of c-notches marketed by reputable companies?

I personally haven't heard of anyone having an issue with a bolt in C-notch failing all by itself. If I am in a wreck and the frame is damaged ANYWHERE, including the C-notch, I would say it is unusable and would probably be parting the truck out anyway.

All I'm meaning to say regarding "hoping for the best" Is that I ordered a C-notch and will install it per instruction and see what happens. I can almost guarantee you that my rear end and bed is not gonna just come loose all over the highway because I installed a c-notch.......