View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #22
SCOTI

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
That is about all I was after in my post. -Why- is what I was asking.
It isn't a matter of towing or not or load in the bed. It was the obvious that was astounding to me and the fact that it has progressed to a point of absurdly hacked frames. Frames that in a collision will twist right up to the front bumper.
Nobody knows what will happen on the road ever.
But my main question was, and possibly not worded correctly, are people going overboard on this slamming thing to the point of absurdity???
A truck laying on its frame looks dumb to me and cool to others.
But, in a nutshell, some trucks look down right unsafe... to the driver and others on the road...
While I share your concerns about some builds being possibly unsafe, these trucks are 45+yrs old on average & aren't exactly up to todays safety standards set forth by government regulation.

Has lowering, which has been around since the 60's/70's gotten to the point of absurdity? Of course. Just like many mainstream trends, someone is always looking to push the standard to a new level. In the case of dropping a truck, some opt to put the sheet-metal on the concrete. I personally don't like it. I like them low but like the adjustabilty that air-ride offers so the truck can still be used as a truck.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-25-2011 at 09:51 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote