View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #30
SCOTI

Re: C notched and dropped???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-PMD-GMC View Post
OK,
I won't quote and I won't comment in a negative way.
Expressing attitude in written form is highly difficult and there are those that perch and wait to jump on people for asking questions.
I don't question anyone's integrity and was unsuccessful in expressing that from the beginning of this thread.
Looking back.... I should have worded it differently.
I could care less about how long anyone has driven low-riders and don't care to update my vocab.. thanks anyway.
I don't know about lowering trucks in this fashion because I have had no interest in this type of vehicle in the past so I never paid any attention to them but now I am curious so....
I will reword this as follows;
It is this........ WHY does the majority of truck lowering projects involve a C-notch?
And as I posted... I saw a Z-NOTCH truck that seems a better way to do it. So WHY do most take the route of the C-notch???? because of limitations of their fabrication skills??? Because C-notching is better than Z-notching and channeling the bed.
What other ways exist that may be better?
And my final question, where better to do RESEARCH on this than with the guys that are doing it on this thread??!!
Please school a 5 decade old guy on this.....
Simple answer? C-notching is quick & easy vs. alternatives.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote