View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Re: LMC once again trying to hoop Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonr1973 View Post
Just a note for anyone outside the USA ordering from LMC:

In January I ordered $1,400 worth of parts from LMC, quite a few small boxes which they decided to put into a box big enough for a windshield and then fill it 3/4 full with styrofoam peanuts.

But they promised to call me in 3 days with shipping quotes because they do not offer free shipping outside of the USA. Fair enough.

Two weeks later with no phone call at all from LMC, I finally tracked down someone at LMC that said the only way to ship it across the border was UPS for $400.

I paid this and got my parts 3 weeks later. (Doesn't seem like much of a courrier service that I paid for.)

Anyways, last week I ordered $1,300 more in parts from LMC and specifically said I needed to be called within 4 days with shipping quotes (even though they promised to call within 3 days).

So again, LMC didn't call me --- so I called their service department to today to complain.

Guess what? --- They called my back this afternoon and said they would ship my parts (a smaller order than the first time) for $580.

Don't they know that almost everyone in Canada has at least one truck and they should probably treat their customers here better??

Anyways, I'm going to get them to ship it free to a cross border agent in Montana and I will drive the 6 hour trip both ways just to make my point.

If anyone along Highway 2 needs to order something from the States, PM me and I will pick it up for you on the drive!
thanks for the info,i don't think it's a prob for the US shipping but it the shipping to here.....i guess free trade doesn't cover the shipping lol

Last edited by motornut; 04-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote