Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #1619
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Why not use the same Edelbrock one you had before without the adapter plate? Future plans for a square bore carb?

I have had a few new intakes not tapped deep enough for the fittings to engage enough threads. I typically run a tap into the pipe fitting holes until the fitting gets as many threads into the intake as possible before it bottoms out just to give the intake more structural integrity. That may have been part of your problem. Too little engagement area at the boss so it put too much force into too small of an area on the intake.

If the hole wasn't tapped all the way through you could have bottomed out the plug and caused the damage that way too.
This vortec manifold only comes in a square bore, plus it has crossover coolant ports at the rear of the manifold

yeah, I'm thinkin' this quadrajet (500-600cfm) won't make muster down the road. Now that the top end is about done, I want to build a 400 cu. in. stroker

good points, and info., and what you say makes sense. Great job keeping me informed, good thing about this board

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 04-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote