View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #252
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: Kabwe's aka Bam's build

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon ratrod View Post
in regards to your bumper issues, what about using a 65 mustang front bumper and nip and tuck it for a super clean look! clean, simple to look at, and the only down fall is the hours its going to take! but your crafty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Kabwe-
The next time you're at Pick-A-Part, take a look at the early 70s Chevy and Dodge van rear bumpers. They are perfectly flat from side to side, and the edges are usually square and parallel, which makes them a very good candidate for our trucks. They don't have the recess for the license plates either, because the plates were always bolted to the rear doors. They are too wide to be used in stock form, but you can make a slice in the middle and cut them to size.

Alex
Thanks for the suggestions guys I will have a look and see what my imagination can up up with. I'm a long ways off on deciding what to do but it certainly will not be stocked. It looked like GM just slapped it together with out any thought in stocked form.

Once again thanks for the suggestions and I will keep them in mind when the time comes to decide.

Last edited by Kabwe; 04-18-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote