View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #239
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

Man, great thread here! Thanks Special-K Tim! Heck, I work for a class 8 truck manufacturer and learned a lot of our own history in this tread. I can guarantee you we don’t have this good of photo history on file and I doubt people in my own company know as much about some of these old rigs as you guys do. I am at International/Navistar but come from a GM manufacturing background. The old guys left in the company long forgot about most of these old trucks and that would include the old guys that I worked with at GM that worked with the old GM class 8s as well.

Back in the day manufactures built trucks to each specific order and no two trucks were built alike. Unfortunately, poor records were kept back ithen so new combinations pop up all the time in the resto world on the internet. Some could be real, some could be cobbled together and nobody would ever know the difference. The whores at Barrett-Jackson would never be able to validate legitimate combinations in the old big truck world like they do the muscle cars. Keep the big truck picture coming!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote