View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #178
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
My practice welds turned out about like yours. To me the weld appearance is similar to what the exhaust shop would do which I'm not happy about. So I'll prob just tack mine & carry it to work & let the pros finish weld it (I'd prefer to not have the beads on the stainless tubing.... I want it smooooth).

I'm prob going to pick up a 'slightly used' 110 suitcase TIG set-up & start practicing though. I just need to move forward now & can't delay for the learning curve.

Your routing looks nice BTW! Very similar to how mine is routed.
Yeah, I came to the conclusion it's not a show truck, so I can live with function over form on this one. Still prolly one of the nicest exhaust set-ups I've had on a vehicle Thanks for the compliment- where's your pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Exhaust turned out nice.. How are ya doing overall on the project will she be done in time for the big day???
Thanks! I sure hope so. I will start on assembling the bed this week, then it's time for some color! Other than that, it's just knick-knacks. Busy times though with work, work-related travel, kids activities, birthdays, wedding planning, school, etc, etc... We'll see- stay tuned for June 18th

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote