View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #25
jeffs51chevy

Re: S10 Frame Swap Blueprints

Hold on . . . excuse me while I climb on my soap box. Ok – made it. It sucks getting old; my knees creek just getting on a metaphorical rant. I love this place. I can’t tell you the joy I get when people see the work I’ve done on my truck, and they think I came up with it all on my own. To the people I know (when they ask) I tell them where the ideas came from and I occasionally give credit, but for most that see my work, I just let them believe I’m as good as most of you here on this board; that I’m as talented as the guys I aspire to be like here and whose ideas I’ve unabashedly stolen, copied, and derived. In turn, I hope what I’ve done will be stolen, copied, and derived in the way that good ideas are spread. If a guy wants to make a buck off me then I guess that’s ok. It’s not the first time, nor will it be the last. Maybe his kids are tired of Mac N Cheese every night. If there isn’t a perceived market, his plans wouldn’t sell. Welcome to capitalism, at least 39 times worth. I’ll end with this: I’m not smart enough, nor do I have the generational advice that could teach me what I’ve learned here through each one of you guy’s generosity. That is the take home message. Keep sharing, stealing, and building awesome trucks. In the end, who cares how many brush strokes are in the Mona Lisa.

Please disagree with me. I'm in one of those moods today.

Jeff

P.S. I'm not "The Guy"

Last edited by jeffs51chevy; 04-27-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Just clearing the air
jeffs51chevy is offline   Reply With Quote