View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #61
lilpoindexter

Re: integrity of this board by members

I've had similar dealings on Craigslist...where I sell something, and no one shows, calls, writes, sends smoke signals, NOTHING.
But not here. I've bought a couple things on this forum, where I paypal the money, and then the part goes out. I like using paypal because it leaves you some recourse. I don't mind paying completely up front either, just the way it is.
I sold an engine on CL to buyer "A" for $300 bucks...no deposit, nothing, no calls answered, no emails answered for 2 months...So I posted it again and sold it for $250 to buyer "B"...Recently buyer "A" calls, and gets huffy because I sold "his" engine, I laughed and hung up...I'm like most guys who part out a car every now and then, because it softens the blow of buying just a part, when you can part a car and hopefully end up even, or make a couple of bucks for a Big Mac...but I'm not a junkyard, and I really don't like having a 1/2 parted out car taking up valuable driveway space, while I wait for some clown to decide If he really wanted something off my car....So I guess I'm agreeing with the original poster.
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote