Thread: A/C layout?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #18
AzDon

Re: A/C layout?

Okay Big Dave--
I can see that the system IS different than the ones I've had, which were 74,76 and 83.... I couldnt see the lowside pipe in riveted's pics because of the foam wrap. Later models have the fitting at the case exit with the drier screwed onto it. Whatever kind of device sprays the liquid has gotta be right at the highside suitcase connection.
I wasnt trying to be confusing or argumenative and I'm not an expert.... just a guy that knows enough to be dangerous!
Some of the smaller details can be accomplished a couple of different ways and still work great.
My best advice is to design and lay out a system under the hood that you'd be proud to show off. Get everything crimped and assembled and take it to an A/C expert for startup and charging. The expert can then either charge it or tell you why he can't. In the end, you'll know your A/C system good enough to work it yourself next time.
When I came to Arizona in 91, I knew nothing about auto A/C and hadn't cared. After a few go-rounds with overpriced A/C guys, I learned by watching that what they do isn't all that mysterious, but rather simple! The high cost with licensed professionals is the freon recovery machines they are required to use. That machine hasta be paid for, so guess who's gonna pay!
AzDon is offline   Reply With Quote