Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 1/2 Six Pack Bee View Post
Mileage with the Q'jet= 10MPG
mileage with the EZ-EFI=10MPG
Cold starting wit the carb=Very good
Cold starting with the EZ-EFI=for s**t
Low end throttle response with the carb=pretty damn good
Low end throttle response with the EZ-EFI=somewhat better
Padding the throttle to move with a big load from a stop with the carb=don't have to
Padding the throttle to move with a big load from a stop with the EZ-EFI=if I dont it will die...every time.

'nuff said

Gotta love the hype in the magazine writeups.

If you like it and it works good for you that is all that really matters
What kit did you have? How long did you have it on befor you took it off? Mine has never givin me a cold start problem at all. I get in turn key to run and let the injectors do there prime shot and pump do a prime which take all of about 3 seconds to compleat. Then bump key and it comes to life. Goes to 1000 rpm then in few seconds goes to 700 with no problem. Even the very first time i ever started it with efi it started perfict. The coldes it has ever ben is 50 degrees or so. The mag write up said exactly what has happend with my kit. Said it gives better driveability, easyer tuneability, even added fuel milage in some cases. Mine acctually gained many hp over the carb i had. It is not intended to increas milage but it often does due to the efi keeping it at a constant a/f ratio. If your carb is tuned perfictly befor you swap to this efi you may not notice any change other then when you want to change a/f ratios. I am very happy with it and would buy a seconed one if i ever buy anything that has a carb on it.
91 chevy c10 suburban Lsa 5.3/4l60
2017 Silverado whipple 5.3
1964 Vw beetle
1974 vw beetle
85burb is offline   Reply With Quote