View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #39
69sixpackbee

Re: LS with Fast Ez-efi?

Well,
I had the entire master kit. It was on for about 6 months or so and I logged about 600 miles...plenty of time that it should have needed to "tune in". The install was a breeze as stated. Straight forward and simple. Since I tuned my 402 with an Innovate LC1 WBO2 before I pretty well knew the AFR targets my mill liked. I put those into the handheld of the FAST and it was pretty much the same. I was hoping to get better A/F control but that was just not the case. i am using an MSD 6 for the trigger and an adjustable timing control to boot. My engine is a stock mill with 9:1 CR and headers. Grunt cam (XE250H) and a 4-speed manual. This engine likes to run rich..period. AFR targets are 12.8 idle, 13.9 mid and 12.8 WOT. Wont run worth a **** on anything else. I tried close to stoich and all it would do is misfire, pop and sputter like a mofo so that is NOT what my engine wanted.
Maybe if it was atop a more efficient mill I would be happier but it is what it is. I haul around a big ass Lance camper on it and I can tell you this. I pass alot of newer trucks on hils and when I jump on the onramps most people think they are going around me...they get surprized when I hit the top of the ramp at speed! Gets them looking
It does run good...but not as "forgiving" as a carb. No way, no how.

I love FI on all my other vehicles (except the Bee..three Holleys...) because they are meant to have it and run flawlessly with it. I am just saying that the add on "tune it by itself" systems leave alot to be desired..IMHO

"If it works good then don't f**k with it"..I am still trying to get that concept through my noggin. )
69sixpackbee is offline   Reply With Quote