View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
jeffg1010

Re: New version of a trailer queen, or maybe this makes it a trailer king?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulnrat View Post
Have a great trip. We pulled a pop-up all the way from Iowa to Bonneville twice. Good to see 'burbs still getting used for there purpose.

Do you have any pictures of the chassis swap? How does the vortec tow?
I love that avatar shot with your Burb sitting on the salt flats. Awesome. I'd like to have that same photo one day with my Burb.
"Go to Bonneville" is #55 of 83 on my bucket list. (no particular order though)

About the chassis swap . . . I have no photos of the swap. I bought it after he had just completed the hardest part of the swap and painted it. I just had a few things to do to get it roadworthy. So, I only had about two months of work into it to get it on the road. (now the interior is another story)

So far, the Vortec tows o.k., it runs good, it just bogs down to 45-55 on the hills (on the interstate). And since I don't wanna push it too hard, I just let things settle in where they want to.

And in regards to using Burbs for their purpose... mine is a purpose built, soccer dad/school bus/company car/work truck/mower haulin'/road trippin'/ cruise night daily driver. She just stands out a little more than the mini-vans in the line at the elementary school. haha.

I love this thing. (if I only had a matching Blazer to go with it)
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote