View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #16
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Re: 88 Silverado Engine Electrical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods69BadBowTie View Post
Yea I did that to keep it out of the way and from melting on the headers lol. I don't think it will hurt it but think it maybe might make your truck not run great. Here's something I pulled off the web for ya hope it helps.
"The 1992 to 1995 GM 350 has excellent timing capabilities. Since it uses a knock sensor the timing will advance as far as possible until the fuel knocks and then the computer will retard it until the knock disappears. There are two checks the computer follows to ensure the knock sensor is functioning. On a cold start it will immediately advance the timing until the knock sensor senses a knock and then the computer will return to the programmed curve. If the engine is above a specific temperature on start up the computer will wait for a specific period for a quick acceleration by watching the MAP readings. Once it sees the quick accel based on map readings it will quickly advance the timing again until the knock sensor records a knock. Once the computer sees this it will return to programmed timing and rely on the sensor to let it know if the timing is advanced to far. If it does not see a knock occur it will set a code letting you know the sensor does not appear to be functioning."
thats prob the prob i had with my 88 ......being it broke off
lights up when i floor it.......some estuff off I drove it trying to figure it out
noticed it hanging there doing an oil change,
but no info in any book as I bought it as an 85
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote