View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
notyo_cheez

Cool Re: "The Ayatollah of Rusty Hole'a 1987 SWB 6.0 4L80E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonr1973 View Post
I POR-15'd my cab floor and undercab. Plus behind the door hinges.

POR-15 is VERY runny, stinks to high heaven and will not wash off with varsol. So wear gloves, a respirator of some sort and wash off any that gets on your skin right away with LOTS of varsol!!!.

I tore a hole in my glove and now have black spots on my fingers & hand --- perfect for my meetings tomorrow, they are going to think I'm a leper....

It is drying glossy, I thought it dries kind of a matte finish or satin...will match my Tremclad gloss black frame though. Tremclad was alot thicker to apply, but it stunk about the same amount as the POR-15.
Thanks for the tip, I was going to use POR15 but will use Ospho or similar product instead. An elderly fellow down here who's a lifelong hot rod builder and resident highly recommended that I use Ospho for rust treatment. Not fond of messy stuff and fumes.

Lookin' good. Slow progress on my cab, almost done cleaning the pookie along the pinch weld seam that goes around the windshield, solid and mostly clean except for a couple of spots, easy fixes.
notyo_cheez is offline   Reply With Quote