View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #577
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Small progress update......

The passenger side cab repair is almost buttoned up....finally.

We found out while test fitting the cab corner that is was formed wrong and needed to be massaged a little. The bend radius was too short on the cab corner and it didn't line up well with the straight edge of the "b" pillar. We mocked it up, tacked it in place and then cut a relief cut in the piece and made it fit like it was supposed to. Hopefully the pictures will explain what I can't.

The cab corner and rocker were finally welded in after final fitment of the door.

I then moved onto the door window hoop fitment issue. I ended up cutting a hard 1/8" out of it and the radius turned out perfect. I just hope the glass fits.

The upper kick panel area is next on the list. There were quite a few pin holes in it after it came back from the sandblaster.

Trying to get a rough idea of what needed to be cut out. (Excuse the sloppy freehand marks.)

Out with the old...

And in with the new, sort of. I still need to finish welding it in.

This is where it currently stands at the moment. I should be finishing up the the kick panel area this week and then I can move onto the cowl and firewall. The plan is to shave the firewall and then make the passenger side of it mirror the radius on the driver's side.

Not really an exciting update, but it's progress nonetheless.