View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #21
SulphuriousSam

Re: Sam's Man Cave 66 Project

I've got a minor update for ya'll.

I had to try three different starters (all the same bolt pattern) in order to find one that fit properly but we finally got my new starter and new ignition switch installed last night. Engine fired right up! And to top off a fun night I actually got to drive my truck for the first time!!!

I felt like a novice driver with the combo of no power steering, clutch, and column shift!! I've had vehicles with all three but it's been so looooong

Super fun to drive...I think I really should get the bed tied down and a mount fabbed for the gas tank before I do too much more driving though. For a second I thought I had slung the entire bed off while spinning out the tires on my friends gravel drive!

Sorry I got so excited I forgot to take any pictures. My friend's going on vacation so the only plans for the next week or two is possibly head out there and try CLR on the ole girl to see what is left of the paint under all that rust

I'll take pics if that plan actually comes to fruition.

1966 C10 LWB, 283, 3 on the tree (lots of work to do!) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471348
2001 Suburban daily driver
2008 HHR (wife's ride)
SulphuriousSam is offline   Reply With Quote