View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
chris mc bride

modifacations w/o hurting value

IM GOING TEDOING FEW MODS TO MY 69 PANEL. I want to update it some and make it more comfortable for trips. I dont want to do anything to hurt value of it,althought they are not as hot as old pickups sale wide they are still very limited numbers of them around.
I plan to lower it littleupgrade suspenion,install turbo 400 or built 700r4 and new wheels and tires,that the outside other than of coarse new paint and bodywork. Inside I plan to have buckets front,rear bench or captians chairs(still undecided) panel and upholstered sides and roof,with either oak or working on a Brazilian cherry floor(woods almost free).I have extensive stereo planed with 4 rear,door,dash and custom console speakers with 3 amps. Plus rearair out of astro van(free also). New instruments and custom steering wheel and colum.
While mods are costly and extensive everything can be changed back with out any surgery to truck and I will not be cuting,removing or welding anything new on other than repairs.
So if this can all be changed back fairly easily would any of this realy hurt reslae value of truck as a classic.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote