View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #16
Psycho71

Re: 8 lug tires and rims

Two sets is the way I'm going on my 4x4 burb.

I have a set of Hummer take off's (36x12.5x16.5 bias ply) for mudding and serious offroading, cause they drive like crap on the street. And I recently bought a set of radial BFG MT's, much more mild tread pattern, for light offroad and general street driving. If you watch craigslist and 4x4 forums, you can get some good deals on tires. The hummer bias ply's are some mud diggin' dudes, and can be had for about $100 a tire, with 80%+ treadlife. Then all you's need is a set of 16.5" wheels, which can be had cheap too. I have $450 in my offroad tire set-up. The 37" hummer take-offs can be a little harder to find, they have a milder tread and are radials. So that might be a solution for on-road use. I have read good things about them on forums. Seems they have a long life, and good driveability. And again, being surplus, they can be had for a fair price.

If a hammer doesn't fix it, you have an electrical problem!

Slot Cars, 1:24 Scale, 100MPH@100,000RPM, fastest things on wheels!
Psycho71 is offline   Reply With Quote