View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #138
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

First, apologies in advance about the lousy cell phone pictures (my camera batteries died).

tmobile, Duly noted about the condensation, thank you. You also asked about the spacers to install the generic "55-59 Fan Shroud". As you can see, the shop milled some thick-walled stainless tubing, but a stack of washers would have worked...though not looked as clean. Still and all, I don't care for the look of this but it serves the purpose without hacking up the shroud and the truck is a driver, not a show truck. When I clean and paint the engine compartment I may just paint all this and it won't show...much.

New fan spacer because as it was the fan was too "deep" into the shroud. Shop said the fan blades should be 1/4 - 1/2 into the shroud. As you can see, mine are now about 1/3 of the way in and it draws REALLY well. The engine had NO thermostat so we're trying a 160 degree 'stat and it seems to be working excellent. I've got a nice stainless overflow tank but just haven't installed it yet.

Last and best: I FINALLY got rid of that monstrosity of a diamond plate rear bumper and put a new chrome stock bumper. I even got the license plate out of being taped to the rear window too. Not a big deal to most but I HATED that old bumper. Just as a reminder, here's "Before":

Here's "After":

NOTE: While taking the underhood pic's I noticed the NEW battery puked some acid on my new valve covers! The shop had rebuilt my generator so I can only assume they did something wrong OR the voltage regulator gave up the ghost and allowed overcharging. I'm hoping the shop will do something for me, but I know it's not likely.

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 07-18-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote