View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #148
Dan in Pasadena

Angry Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze57 View Post
just make sure you clean your vent window frames real well and use dishwater soap and water to slide the new rubber on - makes a huge difference...
Thanks for the head's up. I haven't even looked at the vents very close so I have no idea how the new rubber goes on. Didn't THINK it "slid" onto anything...but I'll definitely study on it closely before I start. I've been looking for a detailed thread on the subject for Task Force trucks but so far nothing.

On my voltage regulator, I went to the shop today and they installed a new one. My old one had been charging fine before it left the shop but by the time they checked it today it was charging up to 16 volts!!! They had to adjust the new one several times to get it to charge between 13.8 and 14.2 volts once the cover was put back on. I'm driving it a week and will take it back in for a check next week. They're not charging me anything.

hsdropout, The primer is rattle can Duplicolor "Self Etching" - yeah right. It's temporary. Just getting it one color and protecting it (to a degree) while I get it like I want it mechanically.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote