View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #41
litew8

Re: Project "My Happy Mess"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicky View Post
Yeah i threw my hei out of my sbc in it. And took the carb apart n cleaned it. Still have a dead spot in the secondarys so I've got a kit with metering rods n jets etc coming for it. Hopefully get that worked out. Other than that it runs great
Posted via Mobile Device
very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Nice project man. It looks to be in above average conditon for our neck of the woods. Who did you have do your blasting?
Thanks! Wish the bedside and fender agreed. Not sure if I should just weld a patch on the right/bottom fender or just replace the whole thing. One of my two bedsides was rusted through pretty good. The other bedside I have seems salvageable, but on the inside/back of it, it looks like some bad rust. My fear is that if I don't replace it entirely, the rust will break through to visible areas after I paint it. That'd suck. Can't seem to find any decent (oem) bedsides for a LWB around here.

For the sandblasting, I asked their permission to post their name (w/the pictures) - but not sure I got a response. I'll end up going back to get some more work done and I'll ask again.

Last edited by litew8; 07-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote