View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #166
BC Toy chest

Re: My Pro Street '56 GMC Pick'em Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
My dad gets told all the time that he should not have red lines on his nomad but he built it after the red line hot wheels and that is what he wanted. I feel the same way if you don't like it get one of your own and do what you'd like.
Personally I think red lines would look kool, I still have my Lime Green Hot Wheel Nomad with it's redline tires, lol. It's your ride screw the others do what you want.

Besides criticism, the other hazard of being apart of the car & truck hobby/enthusiast, is having a passion for cars and trucks and getting treated like a Red headed step child when you go to some of the crusie nites and you may not own a classic /muscle car/ street rod. I like Kabwe's attitude about that, lol. He says, "I should be able to ride up here on a Damn bicycle and be just as passionate about cars as the next guy". A guy that had snubbed Kabwe at a cruise night all of a sudden wanted to talk to Kabwe when he saw his '55 Chevy Belair. Kabwe told him forget you, You didn't want to talk to me when I was asking you questions about your car. The guy felt pretty small coz he knows Kabwe was right. One time this guy drove his pro street truck up to the same place and parked next to my truck and people treated him differently, criticised his truck because of how he built it, then your rat rod crowd wants to talk about the people that use billet and the guy with the fully restored 1976 Dodge Aspen gets laughed at coz most people would not see that as a classic or a muscle car. I remember years ago an editor of Super Chevy wrote about the snobs of the car hobby and how they should watch what they say. He told the story of how this guy and his wife left the show early in their fully restored Nomad because they were discouraged by all of the " you should of done it this way , or you don't do it like that" Well wonder of wonders, when trophy time came their car won but they didn't know it coz a handful of know it alls nit picked them to death. Well like Kabwe said, "I should be able to ride up here on a Damn bicycle and be just as passionate about cars as the next guy".
OHHH here is a pic of my Nomad Hot Wheel with the redline tires.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=432758

Last edited by BC Toy chest; 08-13-2011 at 02:00 AM.
BC Toy chest is offline   Reply With Quote