View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #330
kustombrad

Re: Project "49 No Buck$"

Well, I finally got the majority of the wiring done! It's pretty time consuming trying to do that stuff correctly, but I'm very happy. Hooked up power yesterday and EVERYTHING worked!! I'll be putting up pics shortly of the the engine stuff as soon as it's all finished. It looks pretty cool and it's almost all wrapped up. Sorry, but you'll have to wait until the interior is finished before I show anything else, 'cuz I have too many little things that just need to be shown together once it's all done! Yesterday morning Alex and myself ran down to the Pomona Swap Meet to look for a few things (namely my Cal Custom window cranks that I still can't find) but had a good time anyways. Found some H4 halogen headlights with motorcycle bulbs (I've always been a believer in H4's) so now driving at night will not be an issue 'cuz they're soooo bright! Now here's something that's not much for the technical aspect, but I thought it was cool. I was originally going to paint the center of my gas and high beam pedals red to go more with the interior. My friend Bobby told me I should somehow do them red metalflake so they match the shifter and signal knobs...Great idea! Here they are when I started I then went to Michaels art supply and grabbed a tube of red glitter for $1.29 and drug out some fiberglass resin.After cleaning the them up, I mixed up some resin, poured it into the feet and spread it around evenly with a toothpick. I set them on some paper and sprinkled glitter on them until they were covered evenly. After the resin kicked off I shook the excess glitter off and covered the remaining glitter with more resin to seal it up. Here they are I need to clean them all up, but I think they look awesome and really match the other stuff!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=320546
kustombrad is offline   Reply With Quote