View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
tasian

Re: betsy my work turck

got a little update haven't been doing to much just driving it and its been driving pretty damn good i had a problem with the charging system but it turned out just to be a rusty inline fuse and i had a pretty bad stumble here and there so i switched the vacuum adv from ported to manifold(wasn't sure witch port was witch before) and put a mr gasket fuel regulator on

of course the mr gasket was junk after a few days of using it (but it running much better) it leaked gas all over filled the intake with gas frame rails dripping on the exhaust all that good stuff so i replaced it with a holley regulator witch was a pretty straight forward install once i found a place with NPT to flare adapter fittings and made up a bracket

some alum sheeting i had....who knows what this came from

little work in the vise

and bam

it looks alright for now(better then the cell phone pictures make it look ) the bracket could use a bit more polishing and soon as i find the right fittings i'll get rid of that cluster of brass under the gauge but its working good for now

tomorrow im going to pick up new brake hoses for the front since one blew out and i still am having trouble getting the collector gaskets to seal but they are getting close i also think i have a valve cover gasket leak so i gotta track that down but for right now im pretty happy with how its running