View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #21
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: My build thread.. 63 LS powered C10

Ahhhhh What is it Dave Morgan says,, "MISERY loves a bunch of adjustments in a suspension bracket (shock)" LOL,, Double adjustable is the way to go Shaun as I'm sure you know or you wouldn't have done it. Only problem is finding someone good with the HD camcorder to video the suspension working at launch. Have those same Konis, in aluminum on the Nova and it took me most of one whole season to find what the chassis liked in rebound. I'd only change it one click for every race and video / compare. Funny thing was that chassis didn't seem to care what bump setting was. But then I'm kind of a 'set it and forget it' kind of racer. Once we had it spinning the slick 1 to 1-1/2 revolutions at launch,, 60' was dead consistant in the mid 1.2's

Is he going to box the end of the stock frame where he attached the new tubing? I know the frame is a massive 'hunk' of metal,, but being 'stamped' to the C-channel I'd be a bit concerned about that top flat work-hardnening and cracking. But, like you said,, he's dang sure on top of the chassis work and has his plan to tie it all up. Keep the pictures coming !!!!!!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote