View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
PCHRODS

Re: 68 C-10 with Hotchkis kit and CPP front end wheel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
wbwisme - Thanks for your business. You should call Rob Phillips at Phillips & Co. Hot Rods or contact him here (PM PCHRODS). Rob has a really slick C10 and is building another for a customer, so he would be the guy to ask about wheel offset and backspacing. His fitment is right on. 562.590.6200

I love back spacing questions! After reading everything that is being done to this truck. If you are running a "stock" disc brake configuration from CPP, your stock "rally" wheels should work just fine. I use to have this set up on my 69 back in the day and it worked great. But if you are going to buy another set of wheels, and your truck has the STOCK GM 10 or 12 bolt, you should be at about 4"-4 1/2" of back space on a 8" - 8.5" wheel. I really all depends on the look you are trying to achieve as well.

On our truck we run a 19x12 rear with 5" b.space and a 19x10.5 front with 5" b.space. 335/30/19 Nitto NT05's out back and 285/35/19 up front. and yes this is on a stock rear end in a 69 C10 with no rubbing. We have ran 345/30's (13.5" wide tire) in the past, but do run into minor rubbing on the inner wheel house on the bed. 70-72 truck are different because the rear end is wider than a 69 and older. Let me stress this though, always measure...measure...measure before you order wheels it's really easy to do, and this way you only have to order wheels once!! If you have any questions at all feel free to email rob@pchrods.com and I will try and help you out with anything I can.

Rob
PCHRODS is offline   Reply With Quote